(a) VishawjeetSingh (Commerce Stream) has been certified by CBSE as top 0.1% performer in the class-XII CBSE Exam 2013-14 and appreciation letter has been received from Hon’ble Minister of Human Resource Development Ms Smriti Zubin Irani.
(b) 25 Students got 10 CGPA in CBSE X Board Exam 2013-14.
(c) Ayush Sivaram of class-XII has been selected for NDA (IAF) and T Shaurya was selected in (INS) for the year 2013-14.
(d) Gaurav B and Kushagr P of class-X participated in E-Mat exam at CBSE National Level on 07 Sep 2013 and got All India 1st Rank & Awarded Cash Prize of Rs 1500 and other awards (Books).
(e) Ayush Sivaram and Sushil Kumar of class-XII participated in National level CBSE Science Exhibition held at Salwan Public School, Old Rajender Nagar, New Delhi on 04 to 06 Oct 2013.
(f) STaRT- 2014 was conducted in our School on 25 Oct 2013 for Classes V to Xii and 1544 students participated in the exam. It was conducted in two stages. Stage-I and II in the School premises and Stage-III in Resonance own centre. A total of 1,74,171 students from all over India participated in Stage – I & II 16,649 students across 54 cities. Suren Mahant secured 1st rank at state level and all India 5th rank and was awarded Laptop. The following students of Class- XI have participated in National and State Level Unique Test, conducted by Resonance Eduventures Pvt Ltd STaRT-2014 and awarded cash prizes, certificates and wrist watches :-
(i) VivekPandey - All India Rank- 44
(ii) NirajYadav - All India Rank -49
(iii) Raja Singh - All India Rank -58
(iv) Abhishek Singh - All India Rank -77
(v) Abhishek Singh - All India Rank -140
(vi) Jagandeep Singh - All India Rank -182
An amount of Rs 10,000/- has been given to the School as Token of appreciation for maximum participation in the above said exam and the school principal has been awarded a cash prize of 11,000/- for encouraging the students to take part in the examination.
(g) Prathik Diwakar of class-VII participated in Science Olympiad at Geetanjali Devashala, Secunderabad on 16 Feb 2014 and got State rank - 5 and Won Gold Medal and Cash award of Rs 1500/-.
(h) Jasmine Sandhu of Class– XI & Udbhav Rastogi of Class– X have participated in “The Hindu in School Speed Reading Contest” organised by the “The Hindu” for NIE students on 26 Feb 2014. They bagged the top two prizes in Senior Section and the same has been published in Daily News Paper “The Hindu” on 28 Feb 2014.
(j) Arya Gopal of Class- VII has participated in Inter School Chess Tournment held at Brilliant Grammar School, Hyderabad from 27 Sep 2014 to 01 Oct 2014 and has won 2nd Place.
(k) Sgt Hitesh Singh of class-IX participated NCC Drill AP State level competition held at 1 (A) Bn NCC (Boys), Secunderabad on 12 Apr 2014 and was selected as Best Cadet of AP and awarded Cash Prize of Rs 3500/-. He also attended RD Parade.
(l) Sgt Shikha of class-IX participated Inter Group Competition held at Gp Level for IGC (RDC) conducted by NCC Group HQ, Hyderabad and got 2nd Best Cadet Cash award of Rs 2500/-.
(m) Ananya Siwatch of Class - X has participated in 29th Laser National Sailing Championship in girls category in Laser 4.7 class (meant for the youth under 16 & under 18) held from 15 to 19 Jul 2014 at Hussainsagar Lake, Hyderabad. She stood overall 2nd amongst Girls and bagged 2 Silver Medals in under 16 & under 18 category.
(n) The following students have participated in CBSE Cluster Level VII Athletics Meet 2014-15 held at Shakuntala Patil Residential School, Humnabad (Bidar) on 18-20 Oct 2014 . The details of achievements are as follows :-
(i) Avinash of class-X has won Silver Medal (U-16) in 3000 mtrs run and got selected for National Level Athletics Meet which will be held at Devian Children School, GIDC Mehasana (Gujarat) on 08-12 Jan 2015.
(ii) Sapna Rawat of class VIII has won Bronze Medal in (U-14) 100 mtrs run.
(iii) Innu Kumari of class-XI has won Bronze Medal in (U-16) 1500 mtrs run.
(iv) SapnaRawat, Harini, Gowri of class-VIII and AfruzaHussain of class-VII have won Bronze Medal in 4x100 mtrs run.
(v) AkashBohra, Saurav Kumar and Deepak of class-VIII , Steve Augustine have won Bronze Medal in (U-14) Boys 4x100 mtrs relay.
(o) Yashika Apoorva of Class – II has achieved to Level-III in 24th National Abacus Competition held on 26 Oct 2014 held at Chennai and won “First Prize” .
(p) Abhineet Harsh has taken admission in NIT for the year 2014-15.
(q) Om Nagaarjun, Nisha and Ashish Sishodiya have taken admission in Medicine.
(r) Darwin Yadav and Namrata Pawar have taken admission in NIFT for the year 2013-14.
(s) Mrs K Shanmugam, TGT (Maths) has been awarded GOC-in-C Commendation Card for her commendable work during the year 2013-14 .
(t) Principal, Vice Principal and all XII class teachers have received the appreciation letters from Hon’ble Minister of Human Resources Development MsSmriti Zubin Irani for achieving excellent result in class - XII.
(u) Mrs Santosh Kumari Verma, PGT (Commerce) has achieved excellent result in Business Studies and Accountancy for the academic year 2013-14.
On the academic front : In the Board Examinations held in the year 2012-2013 for class XII a total of 139 students appeared out of which 56 students secured grade A. (13-A, 32-A2) and achieved 100% pass result
In the science stream our school toppers were Gautam Jain and Sumathi Bhatnagar. Both of them secured 94.6% and were offered the SHE scholarship programme by CBSE. In the commerce stream Alekya Jayakar was the topper securing 94.2%. We also achieved 100% pass result with 19 students securing 10 CGPA in the class 10 board exams.
Alekhya Jaykar was the overall school topper in the Commerce Stream with 94.2% of marks. The highest % in all subjects is as follows:-
|Bio Technology||- 92%|
|Physical Education||- 97%|
- In class X a total number of 202 students appeared for the exams. Our school achieved cent percent results. 19 students were awarded the merit certificates by CBSE Board for securing a CGPA of 10. 06 of them got the 10 CGPA without upgradation.
- The academic performance of classes I to IX and IX is also given importance in our school. We ensure that we achieve cent percent results in these classes also.
- CBSE is a dynamic board which brings in many changes from time to time. All these are immediately implemented in our school so as to be at par with best of the schools of our country.
- To help class XII students overcome their stress and also to plan for their future, our school conducts career counseling workshops periodically.
- The primary education, from classes 1 to 5, is the foundation where in the children are moulded and guided to become the perfect students. The colourful and friendly environment make it ideal for the play way method of learning. As a step in this direction the school has come up with an innovative idea of starting hobby classes and clubs where children from classes 1 to 12 can display their myriad talents. Students of primary classes also take part in Abacus and ‘All For Kids’ programmes. Alama, a national organization trains students in Abacus and 80 students were enrolled in this programme, 16 of them have qualified for the next level.
- Teachers, to keep abreast with all the changes taking place, attend various workshops such as FDRC in Delhi, Workshops on Communication Skills, Personality Development, Self-Actualisation, etc.This not only boosts their knowledge and confidence but also helps them to train students in the most appropriate and, positive manner; making it possible to modify child's behavior and make them adaptable to change & strengthen values in them.
- All the teachers here are technology savvy and use laptops, smart boards, Labs, audio-Visual aids & computer aided learning programmes to make their teaching effective.
- There are periodical parent-teacher meetings for parents to discuss the overall performance of their wards and to enlighten them about their performance. This is also a platform for all to get to know about the students. Parents are requested to visit us on all PTMs as it helps them about their ward’s growth in every field of his/her life.
- Army Public School RK Puram has a total strength of approximately 2450 students and 120 staff members striving continuously for excellence.
- To inculcate in students a sense of belonging, competitive spirit and confidence all the students of classes 1-12 are enrolled into 4 houses namely Kabir, Meera; Tulsi and Rahim.
- By participating in various competitions students not only win prizes and gain confidence but also amaze all of us with their talent provding beyond doubt that we cater to children who are "best among equals" in all areas.
- The quiz team comprising Sweety Shukla, Kushagr Pokhriyal and KV Sanjay represented us at the national level competition held by AWES in Delhi. Harihar G Menon, S Siddharth and K Jagruthi were stars at the national level debate competition conducted by AWES and they were privileged to have the chief of army staff, Gen. Bikram Singh as the chief guest. It is commendable that both these teams were among the top six out of 133 teams from as many Army Public Schools from all over India. Ayush Sivaram and Sushil kumar, the budding scientists of class 12 had the honour of representing our school at the national CBSE Science exhibition in Delhi, and were appreciated for their effort.
- Newspaper In Education is implemented at our school every year in an attempt to broaden the horizon of our students and create awareness among them. 15 students from our school participated in the NDTV 24/7 live show which debated bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh on 31st July 2013.
- Our students have also participated in the inter school and national level competitions and a number of assessments conducted by Unified Council, Science Olympiad Foundation, Sarvodaya Award scholarship and the Eduheal Foundation. T. Mokshita of Class 2, P Arathi of class 3 and Prachi Singh of class 4 won gold medals in the Cyber Olympiad. In the general knowledge examination conducted by E Mat India Gaurav Bhatt of Class 10 bagged All India first rank with 99.9 percentile. In Aqua Regia Quiz conducted by TIME our students stood second at the regional level. This exposure helps the students to build their confidence and also helps them to carve a niche for themselves in the world outside. As a result many students who have passed out from our school are doing extremely well in various fields of their choice.
- In the field of sports also there were many achievements. Our school students have taken part in various sport competition like, Foot ball, Basket ball, Lawn tennis, Swimming, Cricket, Athletics conducted by well reputed schools in twin cities and our school won laurels in each of the competitions.
- About 100 students are a part of NCC with Junior Division for Boys and Junior Wing for Girl cadets. We have also got permission to enroll Girls into senior Wing NCC as part of 7 Andhra Girls Bn NCC from this year. We have already enrolled 76 Girls. These cadets attend various camps and also participate in various competitions.
- Hitesh Singh of class IX E participated in the RD camp. He was selected as the best cadet from AP and represented our school at the national level.
- Our School has been striving hard to impart whole some education to children who enter our portals. We try and ensure that we send them out into the world wearing the armour of good values, best qualities and high levels of competence in all areas thus making it possible for them to be not only the future leaders, responsible citizens but also worthy human beings of our great land.
- We are proud to be a part of MUN (Model United Nations) this year and our students bagged 2 prizes. Educational tour and field trips are planned every year for all classes as a pleasant and constructive change from the mundane.
- Our endeavour as always has been to consolidate the good things and yet bring new experiences to the students which will enrich their lives. We believe in transmitting not just information but also a culture that is an embodiment of life of a student.
- Installation of smart boards in the class rooms added another feather in our cap and we hope to see this as a precursor to Technology Accelerated Learning in the years to come.
- Our school magazine, SURYODAYA helps showcase the literary and artistic talents of our students. This is a platform for our budding writers and artists to express themselves on a wide spectrum of topics.
- A lot of developments have taken place in the school i.e. purchase of generators, renovation of washrooms, playground for primary wing, erection of stage at Primary wing & installation of smart boards. Over all general up keep of the complete school has also been done to address some of the problems of the school.